Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Absence of Mom

Sorry it's been so long since my last blog post.

I had been spending a lot of time in the office hanging
out with Mom and the Nice Ladies.


I was feeling at home enough to chase after the red dot.


I enjoyed watching the neighborhood from the window.


I spent a lot of time just chillin' on the sofa.



I sat there until the yawns kicked in.


Then I explored.
All was right with my world.


At home, however, something went terribly wrong.
Mom went and packed a bag.


Then she left me.
That's right...left ME!

She went visit Grandma and Duchess.


When I went there, Duchess and I didn't get along.
She was born to a feral litter and now she's an
18 year old indoor/outdoor huntress.


I can't say that I was happy to learn that she snuggled on Mom's lap.


I should be proud to have such an amazing cat in my family.


Mostly I'm just jealous.


How dare she snuggle with Mom in my absence!


Fortunately, after the longest week of my life,
Mom found her way home.


I was happy to have her home, but I remained aloof.


Not long after her return, Mom rearranged my living room.
She managed to increase my territory, so I guess it's okay.


While Mom was away, winter came.
Daddy and I had to endure a snowstorm.
Now that Mom's back, the snow is melting.
So, I ventured outside today and tried to enjoy some tasty plant,
but it's all dry and dead.


I hate winter.

At least, with all my humans home where they should be,
there's a warmth in my life.


Mom reassures me that she won't be leaving me again
for a very long time.
So I guess it's safe to look forward to Christmas.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment