Monday, April 27, 2015

Well Trained Cat

Saturday I, once again, found myself
strapped into my car seat.


It was a windy day, so I was glad to be
viewing the outdoors from the shelter of the car.


We went on all the usual Caturday errands.


Once we returned home, I found myself
wanting to stay out; exploring.


Mom made me go back to the house.


Fortunately she let me go right back
outside onto the patio.


Eventually Auntie and Uncle came to visit,
so I enjoyed a nice nap on Auntie's lap.


Sunday was different.


When early evening came, Mom and I
went out to enjoy the patio.
Then something new happened.
Mom let me go on a short walk around the building
to our front door.
Much like our nighttime walks, I kept right next to
Mom and obeyed her commands.
The only difference was...
no leash.
I couldn't believe it!
The neighbors were impressed.
Mom said I was a very good boy,
but I shouldn't get my hopes up.
Longer walks and ALL nighttime walks
will remain with the leash for safety.
Still, it was an impressive moment in my training.
Even when I started walking a little too fast,
all she would have to say is, "behave" and I would 
slow my pace to match hers.
Come on, you can say it.
You didn't think a cat was capable of such things.

Auntie and Uncle came for another visit.
So I sat inside and pined for a nighttime walk.


I didn't care if it meant the leash,
I just wanted to go.


Mom says this week is supposed to be warmer,
so we'll go on a nighttime recon soon.
After all, I was a very good boy.

>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment