Friday, March 13, 2015

Still Hunting

Yesterday was nice.


I was quite content to visit Nice Lady 2 in the office.


I took in the scents and left some of my own.


Recently, Tornado Girl gave Mom a gift;
a picture frame especially for putting a photo 
of me in it.
The Nice Ladies printed up a photo and have it
proudly displayed in their office so they can
gaze at my cuteness all day.
This way, not only Mom, but everybody in
the neighborhood can enjoy it.


When it came time to get some fresh air on the patio,
I couldn't take my eyes off of the humans working
on the pool area.


I kept an intense gaze on them for as long 
as Mom let me be outside.


I couldn't help but notice they
had, once again, hosed down my favorite
spot to roll on the sidewalk.
Sigh.


Then I caught sight of the mouse that lives
in the tasty plant.
I threw all caution to the wind and went after it.


The humans working on the pool were barely a distraction.


Even though they were just on the other side of the plants,
I remained undeterred.


Of course, I had to give up when they actually
started walking towards me!


The rest of my evening was boring.
First, I fell for that darn trap AGAIN!


Then Mom put a box by the door.
I took a small bit of pleasure sitting in there
while looking out the window.


Mom could see my boredom levels rising to critical,
so she brought out my bag for me.


After a very brief spurt of play, 
I climbed onto the top of my box hotel and stared out the window.


It seems I can't stop thinking about that mouse.
No amount of play will satisfy the need to catch a real mouse.


Tomorrow, mouse.
Tomorrow.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment