Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Weekend

Saturday I got up before Mom and played
by myself.


Then I tried to soak up some sun in the window.


Unfortunately, it was WAY too cold.

So, when Mom finally got up,
I went straight to the Alternate Box of Rebellion.


It was, however, Daddy's day off work.
So we all got into the car and braved the weather.

After I complained about the window being closed,
Mom opened for a bit to show me why it was closed.


Oh, yeah.
It's REALLY cold out there!
Little did I know that it would only get colder.

We went into the store where I'm allowed to explore.


Then we went into a human store,
so I rode in my traveling bag.


We also went into a new store that was a strange
cross between human and pet store.

Everywhere we went, I was adored by random humans.

When we returned home,
my depression began to return.


I hate winter.
Besides there being no nighttime recon to
speak of, I loose interest in playtime.

I just want to curl up and do nothing.


At least I'm a cat,
so that's not a problem.


Sunday I stayed in bed as long as I could stand it.
After all, the day began at 1°F/ -17°C.

When I finally came out to investigate,
it was dark.
Which brings me to another thing about winter.
It gets dark so early!
I don't know if I like it or not.
It just throws off my groove.


Auntie and Uncle came over to visit.
Which was nice.

I tried to curl up on Mom's lap,
but she was sitting all wrong.


It was difficult for me to get comfortable.


Very difficult.


So I gave up and pondered what I should do next.


I decided to rebel against everything.


I got lonely.
So, I eventually came down.

After Auntie and Uncle left,
I thought Mom would finally sit right and I'd 
be able to snuggle and tune out the winter.

To my surprise she got out one of my toys.

At first, I was reluctant.
She, however, was persistent.

I gave in.


I enjoyed some good play for a short time
and forgot all about the cold.


Eventually I went to get some food.

When I returned to the dining room,
it all came back to me.


Play helped me forget for awhile,
but the reality of the cold overwhelmed me.

So I returned to my hibernation.


How long is it until June?

No comments:

Post a Comment