Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Damp Day/ Damp Mood

Yesterday we didn't get out to check the
mail at the usual time.
I tried to get Mom to go, but she kept
telling me to be quiet and that she wasn't feeling
up to it at the moment.

Whatever.

I persisted until well after sunset.



Finally she got going.
When we went outside I noticed something was amiss.


Even though I could hear the pitter-patter of Angel's
feet coming through the ceiling as usual,
her balcony had undergone a disturbing transformation.


That, combined with the fact that it rained a bit,
put a total damper on my day.

Even though Uncle came to visit,
I was sullen.


It felt like hours later when Mom decided to take
me for a nighttime recon.

I was surprisingly reluctant.


After much contemplation, I moved from
the doorway to the edge of the patio.


After a long pause Mom consented to carry
me across the wet grass.

The concrete was wet as well, but tolerable.


I didn't stay out for very long.

When we came inside I went up to my
Ultimate Box of Rebellion just long enough
for Mom to notice.


Then I tried to play for awhile, but because of my mood
it just came out as feisty attitude.

So I returned to my sulking spot on the back of the couch.


SIGH.



No comments:

Post a Comment